2019-05-06

Shop Report

Here's what I have going on in the shop these days. As with anything, there's more going on than you hear about in any one place!



Here's the Shaker-inspired table we built in
a class at Highland two weeks ago. I'm trying a new approach to milk paint, with one color layered over another. Here we have green over black. So far, I love working with milk paint. This piece will be topcoated with waterborne acrylic and used as a reference piece in future classes.

Some recent progress on the never-ending Frankensaw project: A plywood base to hold the motor, and a Delta universal mobile base for it to move around the shop on. The Delta base seems to work well, there are only a couple spots in the garage where it rubs on the floor. It's also good & stable when the steering wheel is raised, but we'll see if that changes when the bandsaw reaches its full height!




And look, I'm using a plane!




Actually, I'm using my own planes (and wood, and shop) to make a video for Highland Woodworking, about Hock replacement irons for planes. If you've been following along, you already know I'm a big fan!



No comments: