2022-05-02

New Video: Modifying Scrub Plane for Coopered Lid Fairing

Currently, the project getting most of my woodworking time is a pair of small pieces, not sure whether to call them large boxes or small chests! Anyway, they have coopered lids. I'm duplicating an antique the client

owns. 

Technically, the hardest part of the project has been fitting the curved ends of the box to the inside/bottom of the coopered lid. I haven't done it before. I also haven't previously glued up coopered panels, but that turned out to be plug & chug once I figured out how to make angled clamping cauls. Fitting the lid gave me fits. I even resorted to digging out my 20-year-old packet of carbon paper, to transfer black marks onto the places that were rubbing, so that I could iteratively bring the two pieces into mating.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peCjc9ckDhI&lc=UgxdZg36zP9MHZC-C1l4AaABAg

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is not meant to be a forum for any and all viewpoints. However, I do welcome questions or comments that help clarify the information in my posts. I try to close comments after a few months, so if you have a question about an old post, please feel free to email me directly: spirithillwoodworks@gmail.com.